19 October 2008

Long Long Overdue Special Thank You!


I am finally catching up on emails and photos and filing and savoring all the days of this fantastic first summer with Van. I realized in all this that I had intended to do a very special thank you blog to our dear friends, Pam and Mike for allowing us to be such a special part of their wedding celebration...in July...yes late indeed.
Scott was the "Man of Honor" in this very DC wedding that included a rehearsal dinner at a famous Alexandria Irish Pub (Van's first hang in a pub!), a ceremony at the George Washington Masonic Memorial...what an awesome location for a wedding and a cake made by the FoodNetwork famous Ace of Cakes crowd...did I mention how cool this was?
But it gets even better...if you can believe that...
Pam and Mike gave each of their wedding attendants a really special personal gift and Scott's gift was a donation to the Half the Sky foundation. Half the Sky supports orphanages and the children of China in amazing ways. "Because every child, no matter how humble her beginnings, deserves loving care, and a chance at a bright future." This gift truly touched our hearts and I intended to publicly acknowledge and thank Pam and Mike way long ago. Every day we look at this certificate and know that other children in similar circumstances to Van (just 6 months ago) will be loved and cared for until their forever families find them and bring them home. Pam and Mike, you are certainly very special people with amazing hearts. This means so very much to our family and so many others. Thank you thank you.


What a beautiful couple

No comments: